Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Garden Beans and Tomatos

OMG!  It is still freezing outside here in grow zone 5.  Well, at least it's been sunny so my plants in the indoor mini greenhouse is getting lots of warmth.  I went to Texas for spring break and had to have friends come to my house each day to water my plants.  My plants look so healthy and loved.  I started these seedlings on February 22, 2013 and look how big they are:

Garden Beans- started seeds on 2/22/13

Tomatos- started seeds on 2/22/13

I am so proud of all my seedlings but since I started quite early, I am afraid some of them will have to be transplanted soon to larger containers or they'll get too big for their teeny pots.  That will be one of my projects this weekend.

Also, since the snow is melting, I am going to lay down my lasagna garden this weekend too.  I hava bunch of newspapers that I picked up for free from someone on Craigslist.  I also have compost from my compost bin that I didn't use from last fall and I have coffee grounds I got from Starbucks.  I am hoping to get some free straw and manure from a friend who raises steer.  This should allow me to start my bed for at least a month before the frost goes away.  It's going to be a busy month but I am so excited.  I started some new hot pepper and tomato seedlings yesterday.  They're currently germinating on my fridge since my mini greenhouse is packed.

Get ready to garden!  Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment